Friday, April 17, 2009

thank goodness for you, readers

so i was a little delinquent in my posts this week (missed one). but, one of our faithful readers sent me a great post idea. so here goes 2 posts with one stone.

hotstuff and i love love love that y'all are reading our blog. we are super happy for the comments we get online and the ones we get in person (aka on gchat). please keep them coming. a couple months ago, there was a lull in readership, during which the hotties consoled ourselves, saying we liked just having the writing practice and having a chance to work through and rant about our ideas. but, we were just making ourselves feel better. what we like most of all is having y'all reading our stuff. hehe.

so now i introduce to you a guest blog entry from a reader who has named herself hotsauce:

I don't know if you guys take requests, but if you do I'd like to make one:

article:
Women at War Face Sexual Assault


I'm not sure why this particular article made me so angry. But it might be because I've got 2009 on my watch and women are still putting up with the same shit my mom and her contemporaries put up with in the 70s. Women are fighting on the front lines of war next to men who simultaneously judge Iraqis as "backward" while sexually assaulting their own fellow soldiers. (I mean, if a woman in uniform who carries weapons and follows orders and trained in the military and signed a contract as a soldier actually qualifies as a "soldier".) What the fuck?

No comments: