Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is a life without google no life at all?


You will not believe my total and utter panic this morning when I got up and not only was my gmail not working, but neither was blogger, or google. ACK! My world went upside down! I couldn't email, I couldn't do any of my work, I couldn't blog, and I couldn't even look things up without having to resort to a search engine that was foreign to me. What was a girl to do???

And then it hit me, is this what life has become? Is the majority of my world now not only tied to having the interwebs but more specifically tied to a single company, where if they go down, I go down with them? Holy crap! I had dinner with a friend this week who in all seriousness told me that she wished we could go back to writing letters and didn't have email anymore. I told her that would be rediculous and horrible all at the same time, but now that I know that I am incapable of living and engaging in my life without the interwebs and specifically without google, maybe this doesn't seem like such a bad idea anymore.